The Platypus Pool and Wet Area Chair, designed and manufactured in Australia, is a lightweight, rustproof, self-propelled wheel chair designed to be fully immersed in salt, chlorinated or fresh water.
It is lightweight and made from quality furniture grade PVC, which will not absorb the heat if left out in the sun, while the strong open weave fabric allows passage of air and water.
The chair has solid tyres and is ideal for leisure centres, hydrotherapy pools, showering and outdoor environments. The Platypus Pool and Wet Area Chair has been designed for comfort, safety and practicality, and is easily and safely self-propelled. The wheels are also equipped with brakes on each side for added safety.
- Rounded surfaces which improve comfort and reduce skin tears
- 600mm rear wheels
- User operated brakes
- Swing away arms for side transfer
- Folding footrest for front entry
- High quality stainless steel castors
- Strong PVC construction (does not get hot)
- The strong open weave fabric allows a flow of air or water
- Easy to dry and clean
- Lightweight frame avoiding carer injuries